Monday, December 2, 2013

LNS Challenge 237/Sketch 291 - Monday Lunchtime Sketch

Good Monday Morning everyone.  What a week it has been.  I was able to spend time with my children and grandchildren and also go visit my brother.  God is so good as he is doing so much better, but still very weak.  I thank all of you who have asked about him.  It makes me feel special that you are concerned.
 
So now on to this weeks challenges.  This weeks LNS challenge is to do something Christmas with non-traditional colors meaning red or green.  And the sketch this week for our Monday Lunchtime sketch is just spectacular and I went straight for my "Snow Much Fun" stamp set and decided to do the Marina Mist for the colors.  As in most cases I did combine the two challenges and am very happy with the outcome.  So here is my sample.
 
 
I wish you could see it in person as I used the Shimmer White paper, so you have the shimmer in the background along with the Dazzling Details for the snow flurry.  So I do have a lot of shimmer going on with this card.  Love, love it!
 
I also decorated the inside with the Dazzling Details to give it a little ump! And added the snow flurry around it to match the outside.  I am thinking about doing the envelope the same way.
 
 
Hope you can see it.  And here is a close up of the front.
 
 
You still cannot see all the shimmer going on.
 
Now, please stop by and check out the sketch for this weeks challenge and check out our non traditional Christmas at LNS.  The design teams have done a remarkable job with their samples.
 
All items used are Stampin' Up!
Stamp Sets: Snow Much Fun, Christmas Messages
Card Stock: Shimmer White, Marina Mist
Designer Series Paper: Polka Dot Parade
Ink: Stazon Black, Marina Mist
Markers: Marina Mist, Midnight Muse, Orange
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you all have a wonderful and blessed week!
 
 


4 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh, that's really pretty, Jonia! I can see all the sparkle beautifully when I enlarge the photo! That's a lovely shade of blue to go with all the "snow" too! I'm so happy to hear your brother is doing better. I will continue to pray for all of you! :o)

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Jonia! I need you to email me to arrange for your prize at Word Art Wednesday.
Thanks,
Karen

Natalie said...

Isn't that just the cutest snowman!! Super sweet card, inside and out! Blessings to you, Jonia.

MJ said...

Love all the sparkle! Such a cute card, that snowman is one of my favorites! Thanks so much for another great sample for my sketch challenge!