Monday, December 16, 2013

LNS Challenge 238/Sketch 293- Monday Lunchtime Sketch

Well I am back!  So sorry for the long pause, but my brother was put back into ICU and so I was kind of tied up for a little while.  But again God has stepped in and performed a miracle and I am so thankful.  He is still very weak, but doing better.  Thanks again for the prayers that I know are going up for him.
 
OK, so I have not posted in two week and now our challenge for this week at LNS is to go simple, but not too simple.  Do at least three layers, add a few embellishments and that is exactly what I did.  And, yes I did lover Mary Jo's sketch this week.  So you must join both of these wonderful challenges this week.  I think you will be glad you did.  So here is my sample.
 
 
I am not happy with my coloring, but I just did not have the time to redo it.  So this is just the way it is going to stay.  I am probably more brutal with my own creations than others are, but it is what it is.  I do love the layout of the card and how the flowers are positioned, just do not like how I colored the flowers.  And yes I did do the inside and so glad I did.
 
 
So don't forget to check out these two fabulous challenges and see what the rest of the design team came up with.
 
Items Used are Stampin' Up!
Stamp Sets: Remembering Your Birthday, Sassy Salutations, Secret Garden
Card Stock: Pink pirouette, Primrose Petals
Designer Series Paper: Birthday Basics
Ink: Raspberry Ripple
Markers
Secret Garden Framelits
 
Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a wonderful week.
 


3 comments:

Natalie said...

I've missed you!! Glad you're back and very happy your brother is doing better.
Very pretty card, Jonia!! Lovely inside and out!

Nancy said...

I wondered if your absence meant that your brother had taken a turn! I'm so glad he's doing better again!
Your card is beautiful! I love the fancy embellishment you used! :o)

MJ said...

Glad your brother is doing better. Still praying for him. It is good to see you stamping, love the colors on this one. Great job combining the two challenges. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!