Monday, March 10, 2014

LNS Challenge 244/Sketch 305- Monday Lunchtime Sketch

Good Morning all and hope your weekend was great!  I spent the weekend with my mom and brother and Mom is doing so good.  My brother is better, but very emotional at times as his dementia is beginning to confuse him a lot.  And, being down syndrome does not help.  But I know God is in control and I am trusting him.
 
Now on to our challenge this week at Late Night Stampers and our Monday Lunch Time Sketch.
 
The LNS Challenge this week is "elements that are all about wind."  Now I can't wait to see what you come of with on that one.  And of course I combined my two challenges and used Mary Jo's Monday Lunch Time sketch.  I just loved the sketch and here is what I came up with.
 
 
Now this is a hybrid card as I used My Digital Studio for everything under the white banner except the base.  I sized it on the paper as 4 X 5 1/4 so when I cut it out it would fit the base of my card.  I also printed the Kite on the same paper and cut it out and popped it up on the white embossed banner.  The thinking of you sentiment came from embellished events stamp set.  The MDS kit I used for the hybrid part is called New Heights.  Lots of great elements in the kit for this challenge at LNS.  Seem to always go to My Digital Studio when I need something different.
 
Here is a side view of the card.
 
 
Doesn't it look like the banner underneath is popped up?  Yet it is part of the Hybrid part which I printed out.  That is where the drop shadow comes into play.  Gives it a little bit of dimension.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today and don't forget to stop by our Late Night Stampers Blog and Our Monday Lunch Time Sketch blog to see what the DT has in store for you!  Beautiful samples.
 
Hope you will join us this week!


1 comment:

MJ said...

You are Robbie are too smart. I would have never thought of a kite and it is so cute! Great job combining the challenges this week! Thanks for being on the TSSC design team!